Wednesday, August 29, 2012

SID ( a short story)

.........

The distant thud slowly emerges, 

I can feel it as lucidity sets in, my heart is pounding so hard my eyes, 
I can feel it rapidly moving behind my eyelids as droplets of water slowly rolled down from my forehead. I was twisting and turning in my bed as if my insides were being crushed I was in a daze now then the silence was cut by a deafening sound I was screaming. I rose from my bed gasping for air, my hands holding in tightly the comforter which apparently not so comforting enough. I was shaking my head as I recall my last memory. 

 Then I concluded the drugs did not work. I stood up and found my way to the kitchen as I hold on to whatever gives me balance. I was tracing the hallway wall with my face, feeling it with my arms spread out and my weight leaning on it. I reached the living room and I noticed a silhouette of a man sitting on the sofa, immobile I watched his chest to see if it is moving if he’s still breathing I waited for a long minute none I stood there frozen, stunned with what was in front of me. I started shaking and the fell on my knees. He was holding a bottle of beer in one hand and an ashen cigarette on the other. 

I was speechless; I felt it sinking in... More real, more tangible truth. 

 Abruptly I stood made my way to the door and walked I was not sure where I was heading but I just wanted to walk, briskly as far as my feet could take me. I suddenly felt the wind gashing against me. I was running now, I didn’t even notice it I ran as fast and as hard as I can all I could think of was the man’s face and the my mind lingered and questioning the reality I was in. I ran and didn’t even know where I was. I stopped and sat on the curb, my mind was screaming my heart was crushing I’m holding it close as if it will literally break. I was holding my head like I’m preventing it to explode and suddenly I went blank.

 People were staring at me. I can hear their indistinct murmurs, I can feel their glare but I was there still frozen, catatonic. I was slipping away from reality. I sat there frozen for hours my mind was blank and all I could feel was pain, the pain that throbs and beats in unison with my heart, every beat hurts as hell and I can’t even fight it. 

 All I could to is to face pain to face reality...

 Death 




 sid 
a short story 
12.12.8 
-nai-

No comments: