Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Strangers in Public (migrated post)

I saw you staring back at me with your dreamy eyes, the subtle roll of it excites me, as if ignoring my presence pisses you off… But I know it doesn't.

The stolen glances, our gestures, our actions as if we have a code that only both of us know.

The admiration, flirting, our love all distant to the public eye.



I can still remember how we met. A lazy lunch hour, I am eating my fave pizza and a mango smoothie, odd combination but works for me. Sitting in my fave spot, the steps that leads to the gym. And there you were with your friends laughing your heart out talking about funny things I assume.

Then with your glare and half hearted smile directed to me I melted. I was inexperience with this things you can say I am a late bloomer. It was late afternoon when I saw you again. You were walking towards me, and my god my heart pounded. You were closing in when you "accidentally" bumped with your shoulder and slid a note in my pocket.

I was stunned stood there frozen for a good minute and a half staring at you as you disappeared in the crowd.

My mind was spinning and eventually I gathered enough courage to read the note a few word and you number. To be honest I felt awful, played but too soon to tell. I did what the note asked and called you that night. We connected immediately, like old friends who lost touch, and undoubtedly, it was the best night of my life. It is a mutual agreement for us not to talk in pubic; it is easier than to flamboyantly showing off displays of affection and from that day on we were inseparable. We did the whole charade with no audience but ourselves. It was exciting! A secret love. Acting as if we don't know each other in the public eye, every glance… stolen, with the occasion rubbing of the back of our hands, the handshakes the hi and hellos that would seem normal for others but not for us. I was contented with how things are going its more relaxed. More intimate, more "us".

I am always afraid that this might end, and that we have invested so much that the hurt I may feel will be unbearable. I am afraid of loosing what we have now. Because I know that, this is real even if the only people who knew this were us.

Nevertheless, I will push that fear aside for now, because now I am enjoying the thrills of our secret.

I will still steal glances, occasionally bump into you "accidentally" and sneak out with you because no matter what they say…



Our secret our love, all of this… makes me feel alive.



Strangers in public A short story 11.1.8 -nai

No comments: